Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My amitabh bachan days..


Seems like winter is not far behind. The dark mornings that urge u to stay in bed forever seem to have begun. Not me! Somehow pushed myself up. Made some dhokla and excitedly came on the computer to check if my comment got posted on Big B's blog. ;)
If u havent checked it out - u better : http://blogs.bigadda.com/ab/

I have been a fan of Bachanji as far as my memory goes maybe starting from age of 3. I remember even getting punished in 2-grade class for making sentences in english which used Amitabh Bachan. I now wonder why!! I remember one of my fav uncles (my close friend's father), the first thing he would ask me whenever he would see me is "whom do u like more:me or Amitabh Bachan?" and without battling an eyelid I would say "Amitabh Bachan" and he would say "I lost again". As I grew up I remember been so crazy about Amitabh's movies. When we moved to Devlali, there was an open-air amphitheatre near my house. I would take my dad's cycle and every tuesday go to see which new movie has come. There was Shankar bhaiya to whom Iwould got Math Tuition and he would ask me "oh my god, u havent seen Namak Halal yet? how come?". And I remember once in a similar situation Ihad a english exam the next day. This was like I was in 6th or 7th grade. And it was Lawaris movie running quite a bit far in 'Cathey' theatre in Devlali. I came home and said today is the last day I have to watch the movie otherwise I am not going to write the exam tomorrow. I was quite stuborn. Poor My Dad! He took me on his cycle : second show at night to wtach the movie. I saw the whole film and my poor dad slept. I feel so grateful to my dad for taking care of my such silly flimsy! :)

Many such Amitabh craziness. My cousins, my friends the first thing they would ask me when they see me is 'How is Amitabh Bachan doing?" Ha! Ha! I still remember when I first came fo know that Bachanji is a libran (i used to pray that he is). Ha! Amitjis birthday is Oct 11th and mine is Oct 12th. That is, I used to feel I know exactly how he felt. I used to also be a crazy fan of his dad's poems in school and when it dawned that Harivansh Rai Bachan is Amitabh's father, i was like see!! makes sense. :)

I remember my cousins lived in Mumbai in four bungalows (Andheri) and they had first taken me to see Bachanjis home and I was like so amazed! My cousin used to tell me that Bachanji came to drop of his daughter for tuition or something in their building. I forgot the instance. I would wait to get a glimpse. Maybe they were kidding - who knows!!

I have had so many dreams of meeting bachanji - it is unbelievable!

I stopped watching movies when Bachanji was doing all those Jadugar etc. I was like why is Amitji doing all those movies. I used to get teased by my friends saying - "look at your Bachan". Surprisingly noone in my family seemed a fan of him except my sister.

Now I feel so great about my choice of him being my star as there is really no better actor then him. His commitment to the movie he does is mind blowing. He puts his heart and soul into it. And now to see Abhishek in movies and exhibit the same depth is unbelievable. All u need to see is his eyes! I still remember when I saw Refugee songs - my heart really missed a beat! The depth in his eyes is so intense. I knew then that he would be a star no doubt!!

And after so many years to see Amitji on a blog stirs back so many memories. And as I read his blogs I realise there is an unseen connection in thought. I am glad for my memories becuse of the star called Amitabh Bachan!

Maybe someday he will read my blog and leave a comment! ;)

No comments: