Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson is dead.

Thursday, June 25th 2009 will always be remembered as the day the earth lost a legend - Michael Jackson - to cardiac arrest.

I just got txt msged by one of my high school friends. And it was quite uncalled for! I immediately went to cnn to confirm the information and yes! it is sad and true - Michael Jackson is dead and with him ends an era of pop, music and dance.



The only thought that came to my mind in that moment was that somehow he got freed from the deeply stressful life he was leading. And just this thought and I had tears running down my cheeks. I gently got up off my chair, went to my altar, lit a lamp and prayed for his soul to find peace and let my tears cry.

I cant call myself a fan but somehow he has always gripped my attention. There was something about him - a deep down desire to be free and all the fears which came with it. Money & Power can make anyone a maniac! And yet, I thought the smile was genuine - there was something beautiful about him. Yeah! That is the word - beautiful & innocent. Even when he changed the color of his skin (which even now I cannot understand but then there are zillions things about life that I anyway dont understand), that innocence of him was untouched.

I am sure he failed to see that innocence & beauty of him and sadly, maybe there weren't many around him who could reflect that for him.

I pray for you Michael ...
I pray that you soar to the peak of your realization,
I pray that you realize the freedom that living could never provide,
I pray that you experience the inner and outer beauty of your being,
I pray that his passing is more liberating than the life you had.
I pray that you find peace & re-unite with this universe.
I pray for you Michael Jackson - the legend of Pop!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

grt tribute to a grt artiste of our times..

vaanya said...

A beautiful person but no one ever cared....we will miss him...let the soul rest in peace..Amen!!!