Saturday, August 08, 2009

At the lotus feet of the Master!!

I was reading this beautiful quote by Ramana Maharishi and it just filled my heart with such deep love..
"Prayers to God are only selfish in the beginning, yet they not only fulfil one's desires but also purify the mind so that devotion to God grows in intensity and the devotee desires nothing more than God. Then God shows His Grace by manifesting as his Guru.

It is enough that one surrenders oneself. Surrender is to give oneself up to the original cause of one's being ... One's source is within oneself. Give yourself up to it. That means that you should seek the source and merge in it."
~ Sri Ramana Maharshi

What is it to be at the lotus feet of the Master!



Blessing showered between July 2nd to July 9th when I spend
every moment in the proximity of my Master. .at his lotus feet...

What does it mean to have a Guru?
I keep asking myself...
What has changed for me...
What does a Guru do for you?
What is your relationship with your Guru?
I dont know any of these answers...
all I know is .. I am in Love...
A love so deep that it vibrates in every cell of my body...
it tingles, tickles - bringing a smile on my face....
I am in love with myself..
I have never been this close to myself ...
I have never been this comfortable with myself...
I have never been this open to myself ....
I have never been this joyful within...
I have never been this peaceful within...
I have never been this aware of myself....
and when I look around there is no-one that I detest or hate or dislike...
and even when I do.. i am confused if that is outside of me or within me..

Is Gurudev inside of me or outside of me..
Even when I see him physically sitting in front.. I am confused all the more..
I feel him more inside me than out there..

Where is he really?
Who is he really?
What is he really?

I know this truth that
there is no-one in the world who loves me more than Thee..
there is no-one in the world who knows me more than Thee..
there is no-one in the world who sees only me more than Thee..
there is no-one in the world who wants nothing of me more than Thee..
there is no-one in the world who wants everything for me more than Thee...
there is no-one in the world who pains for me more than Thee...
there is no-one in the world who is ecstatic for me more than Thee....
there is no-one in the world who is with me with every breath more than Thee...

And that is having a Guru....
the feeling of absolute ease .. letting go... and relaxation....
like sitting in a train and looking out of the window at the beautiful scenes passing by... sipping tea and vada from the vendor walas, chatting with the co-passengers, making friendship... and just relaxing... there is no hurry.. my destination will come...
And that is having a Guru!
Your journey towards yourself has begun..
You can relax now till you get home..
Thee will lead me home..

Jai Gurudev!

No comments: